Career Level: Mid-Career
Reports To: Senior Director, Education
Created: September 2020
NEACH is a membership-based, regional payments association focused on regulatory compliance, risk management and operationally sound practices across various payments channels for member financial institutions and other organizations supplying payments-related services throughout New England.
• We serve as our members' strategic partner, helping advance their business goals by offering customized training, personalized support, and cutting-edge news and information.
• We offer unparalleled knowledge of the New England payments landscape from the developments affecting today's infrastructure to the changes shaping tomorrow's opportunities.
• We serve as the united voice of New England's payments industry. Advocating for our members and shaping the policies that drive opportunities and change.
All NEACH employees:
Must support and be engaged in the following areas of the business
1. Advocacy- shaping policy through professional associations and legal channels
2. Outreach- supporting and taking care of Members
3. Training and Education- supporting the organization’s goal of educating members by contributing content, ideas and information to the education department
4. Payments Hotline- answering phone calls and providing support and information to callers
5. Provide support to subsidiary NPG- support the work of the NEACH Payments Group (NPG) in providing audits, consulting and advisory services
Role’s connection to Mission:
The essence of this role is commitment to the Education of Members, both via creation, development and delivery of educational programs to NEACH Members and also through the provision of audit and risk services. The Director of Education assists members in complying with payments rules and regulations as well as business practices by providing them with a thorough understanding of the rules and practices in question through multiple avenues. This role will also be assisting the Director of Membership in engagement opportunities. This role requires public speaking and presentation skills and ability to create course content.
ACH Audit and Risk Assessment Services:
• Performs ACH audits for clients, including Third Party Senders and ensures audits are performed consistently according to rules and regulatory requirements.
• Ensures all audit workbooks and deliverables remain current with ACH Rules and business practices
• Ensures all risk assessment workbooks and deliverables remain current with industry standards
• Ensures audits are performed consistently according to industry practice
• Performs various risk assessments, including but not limited to ACH, RDC and Wire
• Performs peer reviews of audits and risk assessments
• Assists product manager with development, implementation and marketing of Audit Services
• Provides reporting and audit paperwork
• Books and arranges travel for NPG engagements
• Particularly provides direct support to previous audit clients who subsequently reach out directly with rules questions
• Performs training programs for members wishing to attain professional development certification
• Develops and performs training programs, as needed
• Assists other NEACH staff in developing their course content into usable classroom material, including creating PowerPoint decks and recordings
• Creates content through writing of articles and blog posts for Members’ Corner
• Participates in free Town Halls for membership
• Determines the publications to offer NEACH members based on sales and content
• Presents at NEACH conferences and member meetings and other speaking engagements with vendors and members
• Provides quality and timely customer service to members regarding ACH rules and general questions
• Other education tasks as assigned to ensure successful delivery of educational programs
• Attends regional and national meetings as appropriate to keep membership aware of payment issues
• Participates in payment related committees and task forces to help improve payments
• Provides networking opportunities to existing members and uses networking opportunities to educate members on the value of their membership
• Attend tradeshows and conferences and promote NEACH membership and education
• Assist in the organization and execution of member engagement events
• Educates members on opportunities they may not be taking advantage of in their membership services
• Assists in focus groups with members and prospective members to educate and discuss the perceived value of their membership
• Coordinate and execute face to face member and client meetings
Success in this role includes:
• Understanding of adult learning theories and ability to create and convey information in a manner that suits adult learning
• A calm, pleasant demeanor and confidence with educational public speaking
• Commitment to maintaining the personal level of education required to educate others (attends own educational training as part of this role), including commitment to continuing education credits
• Ability to remain current on various electronic payment systems, including regulations and FFIEC guidance.
• Thorough working knowledge of various electronic payment channels, including ACH Rules, operations, business practices and ACH audit requirements.
• Ability to work and interact with management and senior level executives in professional settings, such as in banks and credit unions and also conferences.
• Professionalism, integrity and honesty in communication and action
• Exceptional customer service skills and friendly and positive demeanor with Members, direct reports and co-workers
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• High level of attention to detail and commitment to quality
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of tools
• Ability to travel domestically and throughout the region. Ability to attend trade shows and conferences, as well as visiting with clients
• Ability to obtain and maintain professional credentials (training will be company-paid if employee doesn’t possess these at time of hire)
• College degree required or significant experience, four year degree preferred, finance experience a strong plus
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Includes domestic travel
Regional overnight travel by automobile required