JOB TITLE: Office Administrator
CAREER LEVEL: Mid-Career
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President, Payments Innovation
FSLA STATUS: Full time/exempt
Created: July 2019
NEACH is a membership-based, regional payments association, focused on regulatory compliance, risk management and operationally sound practices across various payments channels for member financial institutions and other organizations supplying payments-related services throughout New England.
- We serve as our members' strategic partner, helping advance their business goals by offering customized training, personalized support, and cutting-edge news and information.
- We offer unparalleled knowledge of the New England payments landscape from the developments affecting today's infrastructure to the changes shaping tomorrow's opportunities.
- We serve as the united voice of New England's payments industry, advocating for our members and shaping the policies that drive opportunities and change.
All NEACH employees:
Must support the following areas of the business
- Advocacy- shaping policy through professional associations and legal channels
- Outreach- supporting and taking care of members
- Training and Education- supporting the organization’s goal of educating members by contributing content, ideas and information to the education department
- Provide support to subsidiary NPG- support the work of the NEACH Payments Group (NPG) in conducting audits, risk assessments consulting and advisory services
Role’s connection to Mission:
As the first person to greet visitors and employees, the Office Administrator is the face of the company. As such, this position requires a polite, professional, and welcoming personality whether in person or over the phone. This individual will also be responsible for ensuring efficient operations with regard to directing calls, mail, deliveries and faxes, managing office and kitchen supplies, ordering office equipment, making service calls, and maintaining relationships with our property manager and vendors. The Office Administrator will help ensure that our board receives the support it needs to be properly engaged. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of reliability, punctuality and attendance, be organized, have exceptional multi-tasking abilities and take pride in maintaining a highly organized office environment.
- Shipping, receiving and order fulfillment
- Inventory control
- Support Services and directing calls
- Answering calls
- Transferring calls
- Answering general NEACH inquiries
- Assist internal departments in coordination of offsite events
- Work with vendors and our receivers to track shipping and receiving of merchandise
- Manage office calendar
- Coordinate travel
- Greet office visitors in a professional and friendly manner; quickly notifying appropriate staff members of arrivals
- Serve as liaison to property management notifying employees accordingly
- Order lunches for meetings and make hotel reservations for vendors
- Provide support to the President & CEO for board meetings and overall board management
- Research products, services or database issues, when they arise
- Maintain an accurate database of the NEACH members
- Perform additional administrative support as needed
Success in this role includes:
- Detail orientated
- Ability to take accurate notes and be the central repository for such notes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and cloud-based file systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project management experience is highly recommended
- Confidence in communicating with vendors, subcontractors and clients
College Degree in Business Administration or related field with minimum 5 to 7 years experience.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Includes domestic travel
- Regional overnight travel by automobile required
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Office Administrator".
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Disclaimer: NEACH acts as a free-of-charge job posting service only and makes no recommendations regarding potential employers or employees. We are not responsible for the safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of private employment. All hiring, scheduling, and compensation for job postings are handled directly between the individual and the employer. NEACH does not perform background checks on individuals applying for jobs, and we do not research the integrity of each organization or individual person who lists a job. We urge all individuals to perform due diligence when offering, applying for, or accepting private employment.