Career Level: Mid-Career
Reports To: Senior Director, Membership
FSLA Status: Full time/exempt
NEACH is a membership-based, regional payments association focused on regulatory compliance, risk management and operationally sound practices across various payments channels for member financial institutions and other organizations supplying payments-related services throughout New England.
- We serve as our members' strategic partner, helping advance their business goals by offering customized training, personalized support, and cutting-edge news and information.
- We offer unparalleled knowledge of the New England payments landscape from the developments affecting today's infrastructure to the changes shaping tomorrow's opportunities.
- We serve as the united voice of New England's payments industry. Advocating for our members and shaping the policies that drive opportunities and change.
All NEACH employees:
Must support and be engaged in the following areas of the business
- Advocacy- shaping policy through professional associations and legal channels
- Outreach- supporting and taking care of Members
- Training and Education- supporting the organization’s goal of educating members by contributing content, ideas and information to the education department
- Provide support to subsidiary NPG- support the work of the NEACH Payments Group (NPG) in providing audits, consulting and advisory services
Role’s connection to Mission:
The essence of this role is creating client delight through the parallel missions of providing audit and risk assessment services and providing education to members on the value of their membership. The ideal Director of Membership Services possesses a strong “sales personality” and the ability to make clients feel supported and cared for throughout the year. Whether a client needs a direct answer to a rules question, support for an audit or better understanding of the value of their membership, the Director of Membership Services is there to provide the client with a direct connection to NEACH and to grow their relationship with the organization.
ACH Audit and Risk Assessment Services:
- Performs ACH audits, Third Party Sender Audits, risk assessments and consulting services for clients and ensures audits are performed consistently according to rules and regulatory requirements.
- Assists product manager with development and implementation of audit and risk assessment services, and tracks results monthly to find common issues that can be addressed with education and member communications to assist with compliance.
- Ensures all audit workbooks and deliverables remain current with payments related rules, regulations and business practices
- Ensures all risk assessment workbooks and deliverables remain current with industry standards
- Provides final reporting and feedback to the client
- Books and arranges travel for NPG engagements
- Develops new products and services to offer to clients
- Conducts peer reviews on other advisor’s work papers and provides feedback
- Provides networking opportunities to existing members and uses networking opportunities to educate members on the value of their membership
- Attend tradeshows and conferences and promote NEACH membership and education
- Assist in the organization and execution of member engagement events
- Educates members on opportunities they may not be taking advantage of in their membership services
- Upsells existing members on new services, educational opportunities, workshops and conferences
- Assists in focus groups with members and prospective members to educate and discuss the perceived value of their membership
- Coordinate and execute face to face member and client meetings
- Develops and performs training programs, as needed
- Develops and presents education material for members, in the form of webinars, seminars and workshops
- Presents at events, such as conferences and credit union leagues, and attends trade shows on behalf of NEACH and/or NPG subsidiary
- Assists other NEACH staff in developing their course content into usable classroom material, including creating PowerPoint decks and recordings
- Creates content by writing articles and blog posts for Members Corner
- Books and arranges travel for conferences, meetings, and events
- Provides quality and timely customer service to members regarding payment rules and general questions
- Attends educational events in order to maintain CE credits for various accreditations.
- Attends national and regional meetings, as appropriate, to provide members with updated news on industry issues
- Participates in industry-related committees and task forces to help improve the ACH network
Success in this role includes:
- Strong sales and marketing skill set which attracts, engages, educates and retains Member organizations
- Ability to remain current on various electronic payment systems, including regulations and FFEIC guidance.
- Thorough working knowledge of ACH Rules, operations, business practices and ACH audit requirements.
- Ability to work and interact with management and senior level executives in professional settings, such as in banks and credit unions and also conferences.
- Strong public speaking skills
- Exceptional writing skills
- Professionalism, integrity and honesty in communication and action
- Exceptional customer service skills and friendly and positive demeanor with Members, direct reports and co-workers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Completed formal business development training or experience
- High level of attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Ability to maintain and obtain professional credentials
- College degree required or significant experience, four-year degree preferred, finance experience a strong plus
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Includes domestic travel via plane
- Regional overnight travel by automobile required