Frequently Asked Questions about NEACH ACH Audit Service
1. Is the ACH Audit a requirement?
Yes, it is required by the NACHA Operating Rules.
2. When and how often do I need to perform an ACH Audit?
The ACH Audit must be completed no later than December 1st of each calendar year.
3. Who can perform the ACH Audit?
The Audit must be performed under the direction of the audit committee, audit manager, senior level officer or independent (external) examiner or auditor of the Institution or third-party service provider.
As an external examiner, NEACH is able to perform your ACH Audit. NEACH’s staff of AAPs has been performing ACH Audits for its members since 2005.
4. What types of organizations are required to perform Audits?
All types of Institutions (RDFI’s, ODFI’s) and any third-party service providers that provide ACH services to the institution.
5. How long does it take for NEACH staff to perform the ACH Audit?
Generally the Audit is completed in one day.
6. How long should I retain a copy of the completed Audit documentation?
Documentation supporting the completion of an ACH audit must be retained for a period of six years from the date of the audit and must be provided to NACHA upon request.
7. What does NEACH charge for an ACH Audit?
Several factors determine the cost of an ACH audit. Please contact NEACH for current pricing information.
Please contact Larry Pirri at email@example.com or by phone at 781-321-1011 if you have any questions.